African Development Bank Recruitment is ongoing for those who are interested in working or building a career with them. So we encourage you to care carefully the application guide and requirement to enable you follow the right step for application.
African Development Bank Recruitment are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Chief Environmental and Social Compliance Officer, SNSC
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50001179
The Chief Environmental and Social Compliance Officer will work under the general supervision and guidance of the Safeguards and Compliance Director and is primarily responsible for leading the Department’s efforts to provide policy and strategic support, capacity building, development of knowledge products and dissemination, coordination of safeguards and sustainability partnership and networks as well as in other non-operational activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development and revision of policies, strategies, guidelines, formats/manuals, tools and procedures, in particular the ISS in order to provide Bank staff, Regional offices and RMC clients with the ability to quickly assess and recommend
- measures to address environmental safeguards issues in projects and programmes.
Contribute to the review and update of Bank’s policies and strategies to mainstream environmental and social sustainability into bank operations;
- Provide expert leadership for the development and implementation of best practices and innovative approaches related to sustainability and risk management.
- Coordinate strategic partnerships and networks with other entities such as the UN Agencies, Bilateral and Multilateral Agencies, including MDBs.
- Provide strategic guidance and close liaison with the team managing the Integrated Safeguard System.
Selection Criteria for African Development Bank Recruitment
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a Master’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Environmental Engineering, Natural Science, Environmental Economics; Ecology or related discipline.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant professional experience, gained in international organizations or Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs). More than five (5) years are required in the area of environmental policy work and practical experience of safeguards implementation.
- Achieving results and problem solving – (e.g. consistently seeks more effective and practical ways for the Departmental delivery of services, products, and processes, Proposes new ways to improve the quality and relevance of products and services).
Strong inter-personal skill and ability to deal with sensitive issues in a multi-cultural environment and to build effective working relations with colleagues.
- Demonstrable knowledge and practice of the operational safeguards policies, procedures and practices of major bilateral and multilateral partner development agencies in regional member countries, particularly with respect to infrastructure projects.
- Communicate and write effectively in English and/or French.
It would be desirable to have a working knowledge of the other language, or even
- communicate and write effectively both in French and English.
Competence in the use of standard software applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SAP etc.)
How to Apply for African Development Bank Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline for African Development Bank Recruitment: 1st December, 2017.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about African African Development Bank Recruitment, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time.