You are invited to apply for Austrian Government OeAD Ernst Mach Follow-up Grants for Developing Countries as the Applications for Ernst Mach follow-up Grants are open to international post-Doctorate Scholars who are pursuing research or teaching at a higher education institution/university.
Application Deadline for Austrian Government OeAD Ernst Mach Follow-up Grants for Developing Countries :
- 1st February 2018
- 1st September, 2018
Eligible Field of Study: Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, Arts.
About the Award: Applications are open to postdocs who are pursuing research or teaching at a higher education institution/university in a Non-European developing country and who were in receipt of a grant in Austria which was administered by the OeAD-GmbH (formerly ÖAD).
At the time of taking up the grant at least 5 years must have passed since the last scholarship-supported study or research stay in Austria.
• to promote scientific secondary growth
• to promote scientific cooperation
• to build a sustainable network of academics with relation to Austria
Eligible Countries: See list below
To be taken at (country): Austria
Type: Research Grants PhD
Eligibility for Austrian Government OeAD Ernst Mach Follow-up Grants for Developing Countries :
- Maximum age: 50 years
- For the application deadline February 1, 2018: Born on or after February 1, 1968
- For the application deadline September 1, 2018: Born on or after September 1, 1968
- Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
- Grants in this programme can only be applied for every 5 years
Selecion Criteria: During the selection process the following criteria are examined and assessed:
- Purpose of your stay
- Why did you choose the specific target institution in Austria?
- Added value of the stay for the partner countries concerned (establishment and/or continuation of institutional cooperation)
- Prior teaching and research activities
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Grant:
- Monthly grant
- Accident and health insurance If necessary.
- Scholarship holders will receive a travel costs subsidy
Duration of Grant: 1 to 3 months
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan; Algeria; American Samoa; Angola; Antigua and Barbuda; Argentina; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Belize; Benin; Bhutan; Bolivia; Botswana; Brazil; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cabo Verde; Cambodia; Cameroon; Central African Republic; Chad; Chile; China; Colombia; Comoros; Congo; Congo – Democratic Republic of the; Cook Islands; Costa Rica; Cote D’Ivoire; Cuba; Djibouti; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El Salvador; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Fiji; Gabon; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; and others
How to Apply for Austrian Government OeAD Ernst Mach Follow-up Grants for Developing Countries :
The following documents have to be uploaded together with the online application at www.scholarships.at:
- Consent of the academic partner in Austria
- Scan of your passport (page with the name and photo)
- Proof of employment by the home institution
- Curriculum Vitae
- Scan of university graduation certificate of PhD or doctoral studies
Award Provider: Austrian Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economics – BMWFW
Important Notes: The recipients of grants will get the grant contract (Letter of Award and Letter of Acceptance) from the OeAD-GmbH/ICM. The contract covers the following aspects: Start and end dates of the grant; monthly grant rate; grant payment modalities (including a possible travel cost subsidy); compulsory presence at the place of study; performance record; data protection; repayment requirements.