Interested candidates are invited to apply for Commonwealth Government Scholarships for Masters & PhD, as the University of Newcastle Australia is offering university and Commonwealth government scholarships for Research Masters & PhD degree for international students
Application Deadline forCommonwealth Government Scholarships for Masters & PhD: 16th February 2018
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): University of Newcastle, Australia
About the Award: Full-time research students are eligible to apply for University and Commonwealth Government scholarships, which are awarded during one main round offer.
They provide a living allowance so you can commit to full-time study. Historically over 90% of international students hold a scholarship from UON or a sponsor.
Type: Masters, PhD
Selection Criteria for Commonwealth Government Scholarships for Masters & PhD:
Scholarships are granted on the basis of academic merit, which includes your undergraduate grade point average and extra research attainments.
Eligibility for Commonwealth Government Scholarships for Masters & PhD:
To be eligible for scholarship candidate must:
- written statement of support from a UON supervisor
- And satisfy the English proficiency requirement (IELTS of at least 6.5, 7.0 in some disciplines)
- Met admission eligibility criteria
- Be no more than two full-time equivalent years into their PhD (or one year for Masters) at the scholarship closing date in which you are applying.
Successful international scholarship candidates usually also have:
- A master degree with strong research component
- International peer reviewed research publication or research experience
Number of Scholarships: Several
Value of Commonwealth Government Scholarships for Masters & PhD:
A scholarship funded by the University of Newcastle or the Commonwealth Government provides:
- An annual living allowance $26, 682 per annum (2017 rate – indexed annually)
- The scholarship may also include:
- a relocation allowance (up to $1,500)
- a full tuition fee scholarship
- overseas student health cover (OSHC) (international students and their dependents)
Duration of Scholarship: PhD scholarships are for three years and Masters scholarships are for two years, less any tenure already completed towards a research degree.
How to Apply for Commonwealth Government Scholarships for Masters & PhD
- Currently enrolled candidates can apply for a scholarship by contacting researchscholarships[@]newcastle.edu.au
- New applicants can apply for a scholarship at the same time as applying for admission.
Sponsors: The University of Newcastle and Commonwealth Government
Important Notes: ensure you attach the following documents to support your scholarship application:
- Copies of research publications, exhibitions or conference papers
- Details of previous research experience e.g. research work experience / study
- Any additional documents that may add to your scholarship application e.g. evidence of the award of a University Medal
If you need us to feed you more about Commonwealth Government Scholarships for Masters & PhD or you enter problem during registration or have any question, please use the comment box below.