The Holland Government Scholarship for International Students is ongoing for interested candidates who wish to study in Leiden The Scholarship at Leiden University is intended for talented international students who would like to follow an English-taught Bachelor’s programme.
Application Deadline For Holland Government Scholarship for International Students : 1st February 2018
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Nationals of non-EEA countries (EEA: All EU countries plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway)
To Be Taken At (Country): The Netherlands
Fields of Study: For talented non-EEA students enrolling in one of the following English-taught Bachelor’s programmes:
- Arts, Media and Society
- Dutch Studies
- International Relations and Organisations
- International Studies
- Liberal Arts and Sciences: Global Challenges
- Philosophy: Global and Comparative Perspectives
- Security Studies
- South and Southeast Asian Studies9
- Urban Studies
Type: Bachelor (Undergraduate)
Eligibility For Holland Government Scholarship for International Students :
- You are not an EEA passport holder and are not eligible for support from the Dutch study finance system.
- You have never studied at a Dutch university or a Dutch university of applied sciences.
You have completed your pre-university education outside The Netherlands.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: One-off payment of € 5,000 – which you will receive after arrival in The Netherlands in your first year of studies.
How to Apply for Holland Government Scholarship for International Students :
- Compose a letter of motivation (max. 500 words), in which you describe why you are a talented student, taking into account both your academic achievements and extra-curricular activities (e.g. voluntary work).
- Before 1 February, submit an online application for admission for one of the above-mentioned Bachelor’s progammes at Leiden University.
- Indicate in your online application that you are applying for the Holland Scholarship and upload your scholarship motivation letter where indicated.
Visit the Program Webpage for Details
Award Providers: The Holland Scholarship is made available by Leiden University, Nuffic, VSNU, Vereniging Hogescholen and the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science.
Important Notes: The Holland Scholarship is not a full scholarship. Non-EEA Holland Scholarship recipients must still submit ‘proof of sufficient funds’ for their student visa/residence permit application.: