These is inform the general public about Nigeria Police Constables Recruitment for 2018/2019 as Nigeria Police Force has begun recruitment of qualified Nigerians for enlistment as constables (popularly called recruits). This was announced in an advertisement signed by Mr. Jimoh Moshood, Force Public Relations Officer.
The advertisement, which invites applications from Nigeria Police Constables Recruitment over the next six weeks, is free. Prospective applicants, it stated, must have the desire to have a career in the Nigeria Police Force in addition to fulfilling other general requirements.
Criteria For Nigeria Police Constables Recruitment
- An applicant must be a Nigerian by birth,
- Must possess a National Identity Number (NIN)
- must not be less than 18 years of age or older than 25.
- An applicant is also required to have obtained credit passes in a minimum of five subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, in the West African School Certificate Examination/General Certificate of Education, National Examinations Council and National Business and Technical Examination Board.
- These must have been obtained at not more than two sittings.
- In addition, prospective applicants are required to be of good character and not to have been convicted for any criminal offence.
- Male applicants are required to be not less than1.67metres in height, while female applicants are required to at least 1.64 metres tall.
- They are equally required to have a chest measurement of at least 86 cm (34 inches). Nigerian Police
Further more, Nigeria Police Constables Recruitment must not have speech impediments, knock knees, bow legs, bent knees, flat feet, deformed hands, squinted eyes/defective eyesight and bodily scars. Similarly, they must not have tattoos, malformed teeth, protruding navel and not have undergone amputation. They also must be free of debt.
Females are required not to be pregnant at the time of recruitment. All applicants are expected to provide guarantors, who must download and fill a form vouching for them. The guarantors must be picked from any two of traditional rulers, magistrates, local government chairmen,
Heads of educational institutions attended, civil servants of a rank not below Grade Level 12, Police officers not below the rank of Chief Superintendent and military officers not below the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel.
Candidates with valid driver’s licence, added the advertisement, will be at an advantage. The Force equally requires all candidates to must undergo medical examination before final selection.
How To Apply For Nigeria Police Constables Recruitment
Application must be submitted online. It advised applicants to have functional email accounts and telephone number before commencing the application process via www.policerecruitment.ng, where the form will be filled and reviewed before submission.
It also advised applicants to ensure that they print out the information that will be automatically sent to them via email. It equally counselled that they copy and save their registration numbers for correspondences.
The Police informed that applicants will be required to present hard copies of email messages sent to them if shortlisted and contacted for the next phase of the recruitment process. It warned aspiring recruits against using an email address and phone number more than once, saying applicants with multiple applications will be disqualified.
In addition, it stated that it will not enter Into any correspondence with candidates or on behalf of candidates outside of the portal provided for recruitment or emails/telephones.