Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Recruitment is ongoing, OPEC is a country that bring together the oil approaches of its Member Countries and guarantee the adjustment of oil showcases keeping in mind the end goal to secure an effective, financial and consistent supply of oil to buyers, a relentless pay to makers and a reasonable profit for capital for those putting resources into the oil business.
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Recruitment is enlisting to fill the position underneath:
Title: Petroleum Industry Analyst
Job Code: 5.3.03
The Energy Studies Department monitors, analyses and forecasts world energy developments in the medium and long term and reports thereon, in particular providing in-depth studies and reports on energy issues.
It monitors developments and undertakes specific studies on energy demand and production-related technology, assessing implications for OPEC. It identifies and follows up key areas of energy-related emerging technologies and research and development (R&D), facilitates and supports planning and implementation of collaborative energy-related R&D programs of Member Countries, as well as identifies prospects for OPEC participation in major international R&D activities.
It carries out studies and reports on developments in the petroleum industry, providing effective tools for carrying out model-based studies of analyses and projections of energy supply/demand and downstream simulation.
It elaborates OPEC Long Term Strategy and monitors, analyses and reports on relevant national or regional policies (fiscal, energy, trade and environmental), assessing their impacts on energy markets
Objective of Position of Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Recruitment:
To study and analyze medium to long term strategies, plans, operations and performance of petroleum-related companies and to assess the impact on OPEC and on the medium to long-term oil outlook; to monitor and analyze developments in the petroleum industry structure and assess the impact on OPEC.
- Collects/treats data, and analyses and reports on major oil companies’ strategies, plans, operations, performance and investment.
- Studies and analyses developments in petroleum industry structure.
Contributes to the preparation of technical reports on medium- to long-term developments.
- In collaboration with the Environment Matters Unit studies and assesses developments in multilateral negotiations, in particular within the WTO framework, with relevance to the petroleum industry.
- Contributes to speeches, articles and presentations to internal meetings and various international forums.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
- Required Competencies and Qualifications for Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Recruitment
- University degree in Economics, Finance or Engineering
- Advanced degree preferred
- University degree: 8 years in the petroleum industry or in oil-related companies or institutions.
- Advanced degree: 6 years
- Economic analysis
- Analysis of the financial performance of companies
- Analysis of company strategies
- Corporate planning
- Knowledge of oil companies’ operations along the value chain
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
Status and Benefits
Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
The post is at grade E reporting to the Head of Energy Studies Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
Application Deadline For Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Recruitment: 3rd April, 2018.
How To Apply For Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Recruitment
Interested candidates are requested to fill in a résumé and an application form which can be received from their Country’s Governor (PDF) (See Nigeria address below) for OPEC.
In order for applications to be considered, the application form and resume must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than the closing date stated above.
NIGERIA COUNTRY GOVERNOR
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dr. Omar Farouk Ibrahim, MCIPR,
Group General Manager, International Energy Relations (GGM IER),
Governor for OPEC,
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation – NNPC,
Block D 10th Floor, Room 04, NNPC Towers
Note: Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years