Application Deadline for OSISA Scholarships for African Women : 24th November, 2017
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Angola, Botswana, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
To be taken at (country): Rhodes University, South Africa
About the Award: OSISA is an African institution committed to the creation of open societies through support for democracy, human rights and good governance and it works in Angola, Botswana, the DRC, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The PGDip in Media Management, popularly known as the PDMM, equips participants with critical knowledge, understandings and work competencies that emerging media leaders need to perform more effectively, strategically and ethically in their organizations and to fast-track their careers to management positions.
It is composed of eight compulsory modules covering media management contexts, policy and institutions; financial management and media economics; management of media markets, audiences and advertising;
management of media content; management of circulation and distribution; media management and leadership; human resources management for media; and management of digital and social media and media convergence.
Eligibility for OSISA Scholarships for African Women :
- Applicants should be women who are already practising journalists or are working in various fields of the media industry in Angola, Botswana, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Successful applicants will register for the SPI’s intensive, one-year-long fulltime Postgraduate Diploma in Media Management (PGDip in Media Management), the only formal qualification in media management in Africa and the developing world. The PGDip in Media Management is pegged at the honours degree level.
- Candidates must already possess an undergraduate degree from a recognised university in order to pursue postgraduate study.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Program: The OSISA scholarships cover:
- The full cost of tuition
- Accommodation and meals in one of Rhodes University’s residences
- Course materials
- A monthly subsistence allowance
- Medical aid cover
- Mid-year media management internship costs.
How to Apply for OSISA Scholarships for African Women :
Complete the Rhodes University’s standard External Honours Application form (available at http://www.ru.ac.za/postgraduategateway/honours/honoursapplication/, which must be submitted directly to the Registrar’s Division at Rhodes University and a copy emailed to Wendy Dyibishe ([email protected]) at the Sol Plaatje Institute (SPI) for Media Leadership. They must also complete the application form for the Postgraduate Diploma in Media Management (PDMM), which is also available on http://www.ru.ac.za/postgraduategateway/honours/honoursapplication/ and send it to the Registrar’s Division and the SPI.
Submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae, including email and phone contact details. This is sent to the SPI only.
Submit certified academic transcripts of ALL tertiary qualifications (these are sent to both the SPI and Registrar’s Division at Rhodes University); and
Submit to the SPI (through Wendy Dyibishe at [email protected]) a 1,000-word letter of motivation, which explains why the student is interested in doing the PDMM, how the PDMM will assist the student’s career and why the student believes she/he qualifies for the OSISA scholarship.
Award Provider: Sol Plaatje Institute (SPI) for Media Leadership, Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa (OSISA)
Please the comment box if you encounter any problem and you will attended to, dont forget to share with your female friends