Oxfam Nigeria Recruitment 2017 is ongoing for interested candidates.Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty.
In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
Oxfam Nigeria Recruitment 2017 is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PHP Technical Team leader – Rapid Response Team
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: Six (6) Months with possibility of extension.
To provide technical WASH capacity to Oxfam’s NE humanitarian response programme in Nigeria with special focus on public health and disease outbreak prevention in IDPs camp and host communities.
Oxfam Nigeria Recruitment 2017 Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- Graduate qualification or equivalent in one of the following, or a related discipline: social sciences, environmental or public health, anthropology or community development.
- Experience can substitute qualifications, but not vice versa
- Minimum of 5 years of practical experience in developing countries in Water, Hygiene and Sanitation Emergency programmes (at least 2 years of it in a humanitarian context).
- Experience on outbreak prevention (Cholera, Hepatitis E) at community level and knowledge on wash preventive measures.
- Experience of PHP/community engagement capacity building in different cultures and with people of varying educational background.
- Experience of remote support to PHP programmes.
Ability to work effectively under stress in emergency situations, in a leadership role.
- Experience of having led or coordinated inter-agency initiatives would be an advantage.
Ability to work in a participative way with communities; strong counterpart/ training skills
Strong assessment, analytical and planning skills.
- Experience of task managing and performance management of small teams and of budget tracking
- Experience of varied approaches to capacity building.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work in a variety of cultural contexts and communicate with a diverse range of people.
- Sound understanding of the importance of gender and participation in programme implementation; sensitive to the needs of displaced and disadvantaged populations.
- Ability to present concise and clear reports within short notice addressing needs/problems and related solutions/recommendations and willingness to share information
- Commitment to Oxfam’s mandate and objectives and able to represent Oxfam
A competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. The salary range for this position is set in scale 9 with a salary range between €2672, – to €4110, – on the basis of a 40-hour working week.
How to Apply for Oxfam Nigeria Recruitment 2017
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply for this Position
Application Deadline: 1st December, 2017.
if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about Oxfam Nigeria Recruitment 2017, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below.