United Nations Women Recruitment 2017 is ongoing so interested applicant should hurry to apply before the closure date. In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women.
In doing so, UN Member States took an historic step in accelerating the Organization’s goals on gender equality and the empowerment of women.The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact.
United Nations Women Recruitment 2017 are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant (Develop of Election Journey Guide for Women in Politics)
Location: Homebase, Nigeria
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: National Consultant
Starting Date: (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 27-Nov-2017
Duration of Initial Contract: 40 working days over a two months’ period (from date of signing contract)
Objectives for United Nations Women Recruitment 2017:
- To increase the knowledge and skills of women to participate in political activities.
- Enhanced understanding tools that facilitate increased participation and representation and the rights of women and girls
- Sound expertise on practical electioneering in Nigeria
- Gender equality and women’s empowerment, including on women’s political participation
- Capacity to work with diverse partners including governments, donors and civil society.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with people from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Academic and practical research experience including curriculum development
- Fluent in Microsoft word, excel, e-mail, web-based applications and databases.
- Demonstrated leadership and personal examples of promoting knowledge management and a professional learning environment.
- Outstanding networking, team-building, organizational and communication skills.
Results based management skills.
- Ability to deliver specific outputs in a timely and efficient manner
Ability to produce well-written documents demonstrating excellent interpersonal
- communication skills.
Required Skills and Experience for United Nations Women Recruitment 2017
Advanced university Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in Gender Studies, Educational Curriculum, Political Science, Sociology, International Relations, or relevant field and/or equivalent practical experience.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience.
- Research, curriculum development, communications, advocacy etc.
- Substantive experience in women’s leadership and political participation
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment.
- Sound knowledge of international standards on human rights, women’s rights and related instruments.
- Experience with UN Intergovernmental processes.Experience related to women’s empowerment, gender mainstreaming and gender equality is an asset.
How to Apply for United Nations Women Recruitment 2017
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply Online
Application Closing Date for United Nations Women Recruitment 2017
22nd November, 2017.
if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about United Nations Women Recruitment 2017, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below.