These is to inform the general public and interested individuals that JAMB Direct Entry 2018 is now online. The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) invites applications from qualified candidates seeking for admission into Nigeria Tertiary Institutions through Direct Entry (DE) for the 2018/2019 Academic Session.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a Parastatal under the Federal Ministry of Education with the mandate to conduct Matriculation Examinations for the placement of suitably qualified candidates into tertiary institutions in Nigeria, as provided by the JAMB Act 1989, Cap 193, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria.
The Board in the discharge of its mandate is inviting Applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission to Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria for Academic Session beginning in 2018.
Eligibility For JAMB Direct Entry 2018:
- A minimum of five (5) GCE/WASCE credits at not more than two sittings with at least two Principal or Advanced level G.C.E. and the others.
- Two passes at the IJMB Advanced Level Examination, Cambridge moderated Schools of
- Basic Studies Terminal Examination, JUPEB or Institute of Baccalaureate from recognized institutions with SSCE/GCE, NTS/NBC credits equivalent in three other subjects (Subject to university requirements).
- Passes in two major subjects in the NCE with S.S.C.E., NTC/NBC credits or equivalents in
- THREE other subjects (mainly for Education Courses) and ND. Education may be accepted as a third A’ Level subject for those taking courses in Education.
- Minimum of lower credit grade in National Diploma or National Innovation Diploma including the O’Level requirements.
- Candidates are to note that they will be required to provide their JAMB registration number which they used in gaining admission to NCE, Diploma etc for Direct Entry admission.
How To Apply for JAMB Direct Entry 2018:
Candidates should note that e-PINS being purchased are tied to individual profile and are not transferable. Candidates are advised to keep as confidential their security details such as registration numbers, password/ numbers of ATM Cards, e-mail addresses and E-Pins.
- Each candidate must personally create a JAMB profile through the JAMB portal: www.jamb.org.ng.
- Name, date of birth, personal e-mail address and place of origin are required to create the profile.
- Each Candidate is to complete the online application form by supplying the required details such as name, e-mail address, L.G.A., academic qualification, etc.
- Each Candidate is to collect his e-slip at the end of registration as evidence of registration.
N/B: In line with the Board’s regulated registration exercise, only the accredited Computer Based Test Centres and JAMB States and FCT Offices will be allowed to register candidates for JAMB Direct Entry 2018. This is to avoid exploitation, off-line registration, mismatch of candidates’ particulars and other registration-irregularities.
Candidates are to pay not more than ₦700 at the point of registration. Any centre that charges more than ₦700 should be reported to JAMB for appropriate sanctions.
JAMB Direct Entry 2018 closing date is 6th February, 2018.