The Department of Environment and Livelihood Support Systems Faculty of Interdisciplinary Studies (FIS) MUST is partnering with the Department
of Biology to give KU Leuven PhD Scholarship For Ugandan Students, Gulu University and KU Leuven, Belgium to implement a 4-year multidisciplinary TEAM project with funding support from VLIR-OUS starting on 1st January, 2018.
Application Deadline for KU Leuven PhD Scholarship For Ugandan Students:19th March,2018
To Be Taken At (Country):Belgium And Uganda
About The Award: The project Title is ”Analysis of past and projected future land use change and its impact on sediment flux in the Rwizi catchment”
Land us changes in rural sub-sahara Africa are in many cases unsustainable.They are often characterized by continuous expansion of farmland into marginal landscapes, causing severe degradation of soil and water resources.
This Project aims at exploring alternative development pathways for these rural areas by evaluating possible future developments for the Rwizi catchment in Uganda which can be consider a representative case-study because of its strong population growth and the rapid land degradation
Secondly, the project will develop fundamental interdisciplinary
research that deepens the scientific understanding of bidirectional relation
ships between demographic developments and the degradation of soil and water
resources and the ecosystem services they provide.
Scholarship Benefits of KU Leuven PhD Scholarship For Ugandan Students
- The scholarship caters for tuition fees, research costs, air tickets, and a monthly
- Half of each of the 4 years will be spent in Belgium with the other in Uganda,
but with some minor variations.
- Student Selection Criteria for KU Leuven PhD Scholarship For Ugandan Studnts
The advert is open to all eligible Ugandans.
- The applicant interested in the socio-economic strand will mostly work on migration and urbanization
Criteria For KU Leuven PhD Scholarship For Ugandan Students
- The application should include:A concept note (no more than 3 pages),
- A cover letter(1 page)
- ACV (2 pages)
- Copies of academic documents
(no more than 5 pages)
- A statement of motivation–why you think you are the best candidate for
the PhD position
- A letter of recommendation from the current employer/immediate supervisor
(1 page)–if applicable.
- A letter from an academic referee supporting your application(1 page)
- The application should be compiled into one document of no more than 15
pages in total.
- Only complete applications will be assessed.
How To Apply For How To Apply For KU Leuven PhD Scholarship For Ugandan Students
The applications should be addressed
(and submitted)to the Dean, Faculty of Interdisciplinary Studies(FIS)
[email protected] Ensure that the
following are included in the cc: rtwongyir
The selection process will involve two
stages –a pre-
selection phase between 20thand 23rd March
2018, and the final selection between 2ndand 5thApril 2018. The successful candidate should be ready to go to Belgium by September, 2018. Only short listed candidates will be contacted